sexta-feira, 22 de novembro de 2013

ProcessMaker - final considerations

Hi!



I have just performed a full proof of concept on ProcessMaker BPM application, and I found something really difficult to overcome.
No matter where you are in the application, the columns you can visualize are

#, Summary, Case Notes, Case, Process, Task, Current User, Last Modify, Status

Well, let's think that in your process there are informations like subject, areas, products and so on.
If you try to use the search functionality, you're gonna find out that this very search doesn't include the dynaform fields. Why? My guess is that those fields are stored at XML structure and for this reason it becomes impossible to search on them.
Imagine you have a lot of inbox messages but you can't search on the content and you can't see the subject. You'll have to open all your messages, one by one, to find out what you are looking for.
But isn't possible to add columns that transform the view in a more intuitive experience? Yes, there is. But they are only available at the paid version, U$ 9.900,00 .
In my opinion, the opensource version of ProcessMaker has this huge problem, the search.
Conclusion:
In my scenario, I should say NO to opensource version of ProcessMaker

 Now I'm gonna try the Bonitasoft.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário