sexta-feira, 26 de abril de 2013

ITILV3 - Day 17

Configuration Management System (CMS)

CMS Characteristics:

1 - Stores data about all  the CIs and their relationships.
Huuummm. What does it mean "and their relationships"?  Tags, would be a valid relationship? For instance, if post a CIs, and I add I tag related to another CI. Would that be enough to consider that the relationships are done?

2 - Part of the larger Service Knowledge Management System (SKMS).
I should make a better research on that subject SKMS. I really can't see the difference between SKMS and CMS. Is SKMS a part of CMS?

3 - Stores configuration records in Configuration Management Databases (CMDBs).
Well, this is a good point. I think that there are some CMSs wich the content are not persisted in a database. So, following this idea, CMS not based on database persistence are not suitable. Is that it? Is my conclusion right?

4 - Contains information about problems, incidents, impact levels.
FAQs!

CMS that I know and recommend. Wordpress, Joomla and Sharepoint.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário